Alagappa University was brought into existence by a Special Act of the Government of Tamil Nadu in May 1985 with the objective of fostering research, development and dissemination of knowledge in various branches of learning. Alagappa University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India.
Alagappa University offers the Bachelor of Vocation degree in two streams:
B ) Science
• SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
i) For Admission: A pass in the Higher Secondary Examination (Academic / Vocations Stream) conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu, or an examination accepted as equivalent thereto (like PUC) by the Syndicate, subject to such conditions as may be prescribed therefore.
• Provided that the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Science group shall be considered for 1/2 of seats in B.Voc (Software Development) and 1/2 of seats for other subject students.
• The cost of Prospectus and Application Form for admission is Rs.100/-
• The Prospectus and Application Form can be obtained from the Registrar, Alagappa University, Karaikudi by submitting a crossed Demand Draft obtained from any Nationalized Bank for Rs.100/- ( Rs. 50/ for the SC/ST students) drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Alagappa University” payable at Karaikudi.
• Applications can be had in person or through post. For postal mode, the requisition Letter and course of study with applicable demand draft must be accompanied.
• Candidates can also download the application form and other details from the website www.alagappauniversity.ac.in and submit the filled in application with prescribed fee of Rs.100/- in the form of D.D. Filled in Application forms should be sent to The Registrar, Alagappa University, Karaikudi -630 003.
The filled-in Application form should be sent to The Registrar, Alagappa University, Karaikudi-630 003 during the office hours 10 a.m – 5.45 p.m by post on in person.
Admission will be based on the marks scored by the candidates in their HSC Examination conducted by the Government School Education Board. Government of Tamil Nadu Reservation rules will be in force.
Important Dates Application Forms are issued from 14.07.2014
Last date for the issue and receipt of filled in Application Forms 08.08.2014
Last date for the issue and receipt of filled in Application Forms is 08.08.2014.
For more information visit: http://alagappauniversity.ac.in/files/news_files/B.Voc.%20PROSPECTUS.pdf